Friday, October 25, 2013

Elysha's Summer

Oh boy, let's just talk about this summer.

Summer has never been my favorite season.  Give me fall, winter, or early spring any day, but not summer.
There's just something about this season that makes me want to hide in my room and not emerge into the daylight until I can go outside and not hate everything.

It's like hibernation or something.  I should just start hoarding food and air conditioners, I could get away with this right?

So with all of the horrible heat that comes with summer and getting some new responsibilities at work, time hasn't been in abundance.  And when I do get time to myself I usually spend it flopping onto the sofa/bed/floor and watching murder mysteries until I can no longer remember the outside world.  (This is how Elysha deals with the stress of the modern world, everyone. Doesn't it sound healthy?)

Anyway, all of this to say, I apologize for disappearing off the face of the planet over the past few months.

Here are a couple of thing I HAVE managed to get drawn, but don't really have purpose.


(Top three: Tiny Elysha drawn while making Disney World plans with Sara, Elysha-drawn because I can, random picture used for drawing warm up.
Top four: Evil laughing Elysha-drawn to demonstrate what I look like when I write comic plots, Tiny Kristin-drawn because I was bored and had nothing else to do, Tiny Lisa-anne-drawn to follow up tiny Kristina and tiny Sara, and finally Tiny sara- drawn because KRISTIN got one and how come she didn't? Hence the grumpy face.)


And as I am too busy (Read: Lazy) to draw these, you get them in real life form. Welcome to Elysha's summer:


  So, obviously over the course of the summer, since Kristin was studying Tolkien all summer, we had to purchase all of the extended editions of Lord of the Rings.  (We watched these over the course of two days by the way. I've never been so tired)  And at some point we had to pause it so we could get water or something and this little gem is the scene we paused it one.  You're welcome.

  I had mustache cookie cutters and bread that was disgusting and couldn't be eaten.  I feel this requires no further explanation.


     So when we purchased all of the extended editions of Lord of the Rings we OBVIOUSLY needed a magical fort to watch them in.


            And this happened as well.


           Lisa-anne left Daniel and I in the car by ourselves.  Then she took too long.  So we sent her this.


                 Kristin found my hair clips.  So she decided to put them all in my hair.



Sara was being anti-social and wouldn't go swimming with us.  This was unacceptable.


             

                        And this is what I do when I have talked it her into something and then go to kidnap her.

No comments:

Post a Comment